Friday 6 May 2016

Conversations with Allotment Gardeners


'ALLOTTED' - Conversations with Allotment Gardeners,

by Ros Davis

I've been visiting Bolton allotments and talking to allotment gardeners since December 2015. It's been an overwhelmingly positive and fascinating experience - even in the rain!

This is one of the areas we covered: What having a plot means to people.

Plots have transformed lives, provided relief from pressures, kept people going. Here are the things people said:

'it's my little piece of heaven', 'my peaceful place', 'it's so peaceful', 'a sanctuary', 'a release', 'thereapeutic', 'healing', 'it's somewhere to escape to', 'where I can be alone', 'lose myself', your own domain', I feel at home', I just like being there', 'there's lovely views', 'it's my own', 'I come every day', 'it's really rewarding, friends always ask about the allotment'.

No comments:

Post a Comment